To get started as a volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
GOTR of Austin is organized into volunteer committees with a focus on key aspects of our council to ensure success. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Community Outreach/Public Relations – Responsibilities include identify locations for marketing and program promotion, distributing materials, speak at PTA meetings, solicit support/volunteers from training groups, identify and secure corporate sponsors. Also responsible for identifying community fundraising opportunities.
- Grant Writing – Responsibilities include researching available grants, preparing and submitting proposals.
- Head Coaching/Assistant Coaching – After completing a satisfactory background check and attending a mandatory 5 hours of training, coaches deliver the curriculum twice per week for the duration of the 12-week program. Training is held approximately one month before the start of the school semester. Must maintain a positive attitude and foster a supportive environment for the girls at all times. Must be CPR and First Aid certified. If the total number of available coaching staff is high, the weekly time commitment may be less. Coaches must be available on a regular basis from 3:00pm-5:30pm weekdays, as the sessions start at approximately 3:30pm. Men are welcome!
- Running Buddies – Parents, family members, guardians or friends who complete the 5K race with a girl in our program. Must be available on race day.
- Event Planning – Working with the Community Outreach/PR committee, event planners identify and/or organize a 5K race, negotiate and secure discounts, order t-shirts, identify potential race sponsors, and generate fundraising ideas.
- SoleMates – Run for the girls and for YOU! SoleMates is the charity running “leg” of GOTR and uses the power of running to make a difference for our girls. Teams or individuals (men and women) pursue individual goals such as running a marathon or completing a triathlon while raising money to support participants in GOTR. Runners are asked to raise a minimum of $262. Sign up for SoleMates in support of GOTR of Austin! Participants of SoleMates pay a non-refundable registration fee of $26. This amount does not go toward the fundraising goal of $262.